Sunday, February 6, 2011

Starting over.

It's a new year, and I'm single. The split was mutual, after having spent a couple years just going through the motions. We've got quite a few months to divvy up our stuff and go our separate ways, since we're stuck in a lease. I'm not going to say that I wasted the past however many years in that relationship, since I learned some important things about myself and what I really want from a relationship and from life. That probably sounds bitter, but I'm not. It's just difficult to pick up on nuances when you're just reading text on a screen.

I thought that when I got older I would eventually understand how to handle social situations properly. It never really happened. Being in a long-term relationship didn't change much, either. I don't feel any more prepared to jump into any situation involving other people than I did before! The only difference is now if anyone would ask, I have "I was dating this girl for years" as an excuse for being a recluse.

No comments:

Post a Comment