Friday, May 7, 2010

dusting off some old stuff

Let's see, more music. Bought some cassettes recently. I'm willing to risk 30 cents per at the thrift store when I see tapes that might be interesting.

The KLF - The White Room

All I'd ever heard from these guys was "Doctorin' The TARDIS" so I was expecting something completely different from this release than what it wound up being. Not horrible, but not anything I think I'll want to re-listen to. I am a pale fat guy with no rhythm so while I can appreciate a catchy song with a good beat, I'm not gonna dance to it (and wouldn't be able to to save my life, though I might attempt to if I were really drunk)... Thinking of that older song does make me want to try to find the very first season of Doctor Who so J. and I can watch the series from the beginning.

L.L. Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out

I'd heard the title track before and dug it so of course I wasn't gonna pass up a chance to hear the rest of the album. Some good tracks like "Boomin' System" but the more R&B style stuff really doesn't do anything for me.

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Come Find Yourself

I loved that "Scooby Snacks" single so why I didn't buy this when it came out is a mystery. Oh wait, I was too busy getting into Coil and Neubauten and pretty much everything else Jim Thirlwell ever had anything to do with. There's not a bad song on this tape. It would've been great to see these guys (FLC) play a show with the Beastie Boys, especially if there was any chance of a freestyle battle!

More on a future date, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment