Friday, April 10, 2009

George Carlin was right...

It's all about a place for your stuff. One of the only annoying things about records (other than the inability to play them in your car) is the amount of space they take up once you have a decently sized collection. My parents were not "into music," so the only good LPs I got from them were John Williams' Star Wars soundtrack and my dad's scratched-up copy of Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

However, one lucky day at a local thrift store meant I got to inherit someone else's parents' record collection. (more on that when I go through them)

One thing I haven't seen yet on anyone else's music-related blog/website is a good way to store records. I've got most of them in two old wooden fruit crates. While milk crates are perfect for books, records are just a bit too tall to fit inside them unless you cut one side off. Besides, the weight of the records will eventually break the other two sides if you try to fill it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment